Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface edit - add line - Error performing edit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MaciejKrynski8090
4058 Views, 5 Replies

Surface edit - add line - Error performing edit

Hi, I have created a new TIN surface with data based on group of COGO Points (PNEZ from txt file). There is no additional surface definition excepting this one point group. Then I've tried to add a line in Edit Surface (AddSurfaceLine) trying to change existing triangle definition (swapping edges but with add line feature). Every time I've tried to do it, there   "Error performing edit" pops out. 

I need to add, I am not interested in adding breakelines instead of adding line, because it takes a lot of time do define all the breakelines and I'm also not interested in swapping edges, because it also takes to much time to finally get, what I need.

I've searched Autodesk Groups and have found similar topics but no one really solved the problem or concerned exactly,  what I need. Is it a Civil bug or am I doing sth wrong. 

I have previously made several surfaces the same way and it worked perfectly, I have also used the AddSurfaceLine command without any problems.

I have also reinstalled Civil 3d and it didn't help. I use Civil 3d 2012 with 2.1 SP.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I have probably just found what was wrong. The performing edit error pops out only in defined UCS with "plan" option. When I turned on World UCS and even stayed with "plan" from defined UCS, the problem disappears and everything works perfectly. 

Is it the Civil 3d bug then? 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MaciejKrynski8090

I found that I had to change my surface definition (build?).

I was trying to make a line that was more than 20m long when my "longest line" was set to 20m. A change to 30m worked.

Message 4 of 6

Just had the same problem and relized that my UCS had been set to view. Once I set it back to worl I was able to add the surface lines.

Message 5 of 6

People who come back on their own question to share how they fixed it deserve a place in heaven!

Thanks a lot, it fixed our problem right away!

Message 6 of 6
kimd25
in reply to: MaciejKrynski8090

My experience was trying to add a line at the contour to connect the COGO points and I experienced the "Error Performing Edit". For some reason, if you're at UCS, Civil 3D will not allow you to add lines. I fixed it by going back to WCS. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report