Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface data missing in profile view

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Swolfe0098
2573 Views, 10 Replies

Surface data missing in profile view

Hey all,

This is driving me crazy!  Hope you can help.  I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.  Civil 3D 2013.

I have two surfaces (existing and proposed).  I have two alignments (2 roadway centerlines).  Profile view for alignment #1 is fine, both surfaces have full data and looks great.  Profile view for alignment #2 has full data for the existing surface, but is missing data for the proposed surface (see attached.)

I have audited, recovered, deleted alignment #2 and recreated, deleted data shortcuts and reassigned.  Feel like I've tried it all.  

Why isn't the data being read for alignment #2, but it is for alignment #1??

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
odoshi
in reply to: Swolfe0098

Hi,

It looks like the station and elevation columns are blank in your screenshot. No station range.

Not sure how that happened. Did you mention it was a data shortcut?

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 3 of 11
Swolfe0098
in reply to: odoshi

Exactly. That is what I'm having trouble with. The alignment is in the drawing, the surfaces are data shortcuts.
Message 4 of 11
odoshi

Are the surfaces sync'd and displaying correctly in the drawing? Maybe try saving and re-opening the drawing to make sure the surfaces can come in, then try the profile command again.

Have you tried removing the FG Surface shortcut and bringing it in again? You'd have to add it back to both profile views.

Regards,

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 5 of 11
Swolfe0098

Yes, I've tried this. I just tried removed all traces of FG (even for the other profile view) before I replied, still nothing. The most frustrating part is that the surface is coming in fine in the second profile view for the other roadway centerline. I even redrew the alignment that won't accept the surface, still nothing. GRRRR.
Message 6 of 11
Swolfe0098

odoshi, thanks for the help. I am thinking that it must have something to do with the location, because if I make new alignments anywhere else on-site there are no issues. There must be some sort of conflict.
Message 7 of 11
Swolfe0098

I am just going to offset the alignment 0.01' from the centerline, which works. For some reason, the location is the issue. I wish I knew why but don't have the time or knowledge to figure it out. This work-around will have to do.
Message 8 of 11
Jay_B

@Swolfe0098 wrote:
Exactly. That is what I'm having trouble with. The alignment is in the drawing, the surfaces are data shortcuts.

Is it possible that the FG Surface in question is data referenced and also has the FG Surface source dwg Attached to this same drawing as an Xref?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 9 of 11
Swolfe0098
in reply to: Jay_B

No, the FG source drawing is not attached to this drawing. 😕
Message 10 of 11
johngordon6189

Is it possible that the display style for the surface is off in profile view?
John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 11 of 11
Swolfe0098
in reply to: johngordon6189

Nope, it's on. In fact, when I move the alignment over, the surface line shows up in the profile. Move it back to the correct location, surface line goes away!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report