Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface contour label direction

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Fuscha
1699 Views, 6 Replies

Surface contour label direction

Hi, so I want my surface contour labels to be in 90° to the line they are attached to. All I found yet is "view" "world coordinate" and "object" in the label settings (behavior). Are there any possibilities to rotate them 90°?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sirjoelsph
in reply to: Fuscha

You're almost there.  One tab over from where that setting is - set the rotation angle to 90 degrees under the text element.  You'll most likely want to set that orientation reference to Object also.

Contour Label Rotate.PNG

-JOEL
Message 3 of 7
neilyj666

I'm interested to know why you want them like this?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 7
Fuscha

I think you missunderstood me 🙂

I don't need the text 90° to the contour lines I need it 90° to the line which i draw for the location of the labels so that all the labels have the same direction because I dont like if every text has its own rotation.

I put a screeneshot in the attachments so you can see what i mean (i know they are not exactly parallel)

Message 5 of 7
neilyj666

I see what you are trying to do now....I'm not sure if it is possible to do this though

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 7
sirjoelsph
in reply to: neilyj666

I agree with Neil.  I don't think there is a way to do exactly what you want.  I think the best you could do is set the orientation reference to world and then specify the rotation angle you're looking for.  This will at least get them to all look the same rotation, even though they might not be exactly perpendicular to your line.

-JOEL
Message 7 of 7
Fuscha
in reply to: sirjoelsph

yeah I already thought that there is no solution especially for my question

@sirjoelsph yes I think that might be the best way thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report