Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface TIN Issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
f_bobadilla
309 Views, 5 Replies

Surface TIN Issues

Hello-  Im having the following triangulation issues at a building corner, pulling out the contours in a weird fashion.  I tired modifying triangles adding points etc but no luck 😞  . Any advise on how to solve this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: f_bobadilla

Bob,

Can you post your drawing? That'll make it easier to diagnose.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6
KMercier_C3D

My guess is it's not a problem at the building but actually a problem at your curb along the cul-de-sac circumference. How are you generating those points?

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

I'm thinking the same thing. Are those points AND the curblines defined in the model? If so remove the points they are redundant.

What mid-ordinate value did you use when defining the curb as a breakline. Try a value of 0.1 if you used a larger one and add top and bottom of curb at the same time so they use the same mid-ordinate.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
doni49

Whenever I have trouble with a surface, I turn on the triangles -- they are usually VERY revealing.  There has to be something pulling your contours and whatever that is, will likely be AT the point(s) of one or more of these triangles.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 6
f_bobadilla
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Ok guys,... I found a solution.  I had a corridor surface and a Grading Object Surface pasted on to the main surface.  I played with the order of the definition  after adding the breakline and it seem to solved the problem.  I noticed Civil 3D is realy picky on how the definition order is set.

Thanks to all for the replies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report