Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Style Red/Green Contours for Cut/Fill

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kylehalchin
2953 Views, 3 Replies

Surface Style Red/Green Contours for Cut/Fill

I asked a question earlier about how to change the contours of cut/fill to red/green and I figured out how to change everything individually (one grading at a time). 

But is there a way to change the 2' and 10' contours (design) surface style so that it always makes cut red and fill green? Like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nTiZnYDKdw

I dont want to have to go to every grading and manually change the colors everytime.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KirkNoonan
in reply to: kylehalchin

I'm not sure about contours, but you can create a volume surface and display the elevation banding shaded behind your contours. With the volume surface it is easy to depict cut and fill using the banding since you have positive elevations being either cut or fill and the negative elevation being the opposite - depending on the base and comparisson surface definition. 

Message 3 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: kylehalchin

The red and green in that video are not contours, they are grading cut and fill styles. Set them up once and they're set for good as long as you set them in your DWT and you always use that DWT to start new drawings.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 4
sboon
in reply to: mathewkol

It is possible to set up two contour ranges in a surface style, with different colors, linetypes etc for each.  In this case I've set up a style with two ranges and set the colors to red and green.

Clipboard01.png

Use the Analysis tab of the Surface Properties to apply the two ranges.  If you want the split between them to be at a specific elevation then you can set that also.

Clipboard02.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report