Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Spillage

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
canoeist
663 Views, 4 Replies

Surface Spillage

I'm using the LaneInsideSuper subassembly attached to the RT side of my assembly. The LT side of my assembly is a trapeziod subassembly to a ditchline (Horzontal and Vertical offset set in the subassembly) and then continuing LT, a daylight assembly targeted to the edge of pavement (EP) alignment and profile.

My datum surface from the LaneInsideSuper subassembly spills over the LT side subassemblies at one station (4+00), and affects a few sample lines up and down station. I get error messages in the Event Viewer stating that two materials define a common area.

In the section view, I can see the Subgrade Shape extending through the ditch (Ground Removed Shape) and past the EP alignment to the LT. I have checked the target values in the Corridor to confim that the InsideLaneSuper subassmbly is not targeted to the LT at all. No alignment or profile is specified for this subassmbly.

Has anyone else had this experience?

thnx,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: canoeist

An image would be good to see here.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
canoeist

Thank you for replying. Please see attached pdf's. The "surface spillage" does not have a boundary to see in the plan view. I added some extra sample lines near 4+00 in an attempt to make rein in the surface to no avail.

In the section and assembly views, I labeled the assembly and the section at 4+00. I inlcuded other sections to show that this is isloated.

I know my section style leaves much to be desired, but it's not going out to the client in this form.

Thanks again,

Message 4 of 5
dgordon

Simple,

Just add a boundary to the surface which will trim away the inaccurate surface triangulation.

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 5
canoeist

Thank you.

I was heading that direction, but actually regressing. So I got some great input from a nearby consultant. I don't think I can use his name or give his contact information, but he helped me back on track.

I needed to use Marked Points on my subassembly to form a "boundary" within the corridor. These Marked Points kept the pave and datum links on the RT side of the Assembly.

Thanks again to everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report