Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Profiles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
137 Views, 4 Replies

Surface Profiles

I've been playing around in Civil3D with some previous jobs we've done in LDT. I noticed that if you create an alignment that coincides with points in the surface, that sometimes, the surface profile will just stop at one of those points and not calculate anything beyond it. I've had it happen three times to two different alignments in the file. If I slightly modify the surface, it then calculates the rest of the surface profile. Anyone else seen this rather odd behavior? Brian
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Brian, I am not seeing this behavior with the Sp1 build. I tried to both create and edit an alignment that snapped to points in the surface. If you are able to reproduce the problem again, please attach (or email the drawing). thanks, Daniel Philbrick ISD Civil Development. "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:4033a83c$1_1@newsprd01... > I've been playing around in Civil3D with some previous jobs we've done in > LDT. I noticed that if you create an alignment that coincides with points > in the surface, that sometimes, the surface profile will just stop at one of > those points and not calculate anything beyond it. I've had it happen three > times to two different alignments in the file. If I slightly modify the > surface, it then calculates the rest of the surface profile. Anyone else > seen this rather odd behavior? > > Brian > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Daniel, I'll try to recreate it and post back. Brian "Daniel Philbrick" wrote in message news:4036084d$1_3@newsprd01... > Brian, > > I am not seeing this behavior with the Sp1 build. I tried to both create > and edit an alignment that snapped to points in the surface. If you are > able to reproduce the problem again, please attach (or email the drawing). > > thanks, > > Daniel Philbrick > ISD Civil Development.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I'll post the drawing in customer-files with the topic "Surface Profiles (Civil3D)". Brian "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:40363182_2@newsprd01... > Hi Daniel, > > I'll try to recreate it and post back. > > Brian > > "Daniel Philbrick" wrote in message > news:4036084d$1_3@newsprd01... > > Brian, > > > > I am not seeing this behavior with the Sp1 build. I tried to both create > > and edit an alignment that snapped to points in the surface. If you are > > able to reproduce the problem again, please attach (or email the drawing). > > > > thanks, > > > > Daniel Philbrick > > ISD Civil Development. > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Brian, Thanks for the drawing which clearly illustrates the problem. Dan Philbrick "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:4036801e$1_3@newsprd01... > I'll post the drawing in customer-files with the topic "Surface Profiles > (Civil3D)". > > Brian > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:40363182_2@newsprd01... > > Hi Daniel, > > > > I'll try to recreate it and post back. > > > > Brian > > > > "Daniel Philbrick" wrote in message > > news:4036084d$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Brian, > > > > > > I am not seeing this behavior with the Sp1 build. I tried to both > create > > > and edit an alignment that snapped to points in the surface. If you are > > > able to reproduce the problem again, please attach (or email the > drawing). > > > > > > thanks, > > > > > > Daniel Philbrick > > > ISD Civil Development. > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report