AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
NeilSpoon
Message 1 of 2 (351 Views)

Surface Profiles - Dynamic to Static issue

351 Views, 1 Replies
04-17-2012 08:51 AM

I am doing some car park designs with Corridors at the moment.

The method I am using is to create a dummy surface and apply surface profiles to all Baselines and Targets (mostly Offset Alignments). This way if I have to change my levels, I simply amend my dummy surface and everything updates straight away.

This works great, but I recently got a (typically random) Fatal Error. I recovered the Recover drawing which was saved and for some reason all profiles changed to Static and I can't change them back to Dynamic.

I know that if an alignment cant find the surface it will change to Static and I assume that during the fatal error or recover process, something must have triggered for this to happen?

Is there any way (other than resampling all profiles and updating each corridor target individually) of making the profiles dynamic again? Or does anyone know why this might have happened?

Many thanks

---------------------------------------
Intel Xeon E31230 - 3.20 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit
Nvidia Quadro 600 - 1GB DDR3
Active Contributor
NeilSpoon
Message 2 of 2 (329 Views)

Re: Surface Profiles - Dynamic to Static issue

04-18-2012 12:46 AM in reply to: NeilSpoon

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Intel Xeon E31230 - 3.20 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit
Nvidia Quadro 600 - 1GB DDR3

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs