Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Profile Boundary

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
erwebsite
564 Views, 3 Replies

Surface Profile Boundary

I have alignments that go in and out of a surface boundary (this is because I have a surface that represents the bottom of pavement.)  I want to show the surface profile with the gaps in the profile view (where there is no surface. However in the profile view the gaps are sometimes connected with a straight line instead of being blank.

How can I have a surface profile represent the bottom of pavement properly? (An alignment that is not fully withing the surface boundary.) I know I could add the profile mutiple time with different start/end stations But, I don't want that, I want it to be dynamic, as the alignment will change.

Thanks

-John

Civil 3D 2014
Win 7
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: erwebsite

Use a Hide surface boundary on the areas you do not want to see the surface. The profile should then be blank in those areas.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
erwebsite

I think that may have worked only hidding the surface (the part that I tried at least).  Before I tried to hide the entire surface and then show only what I wanted. Should this also work or does the Hide/Show not work?

Civil 3D 2014
Win 7
Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE

That can work but first you must define an outer boundary. Then you need a hide boundary just inside the outer. Both of these boundaries must fully enclose the surface. After you have these defined the show boundaries will work. To me this is a bit more work but if you have hundreds of objects to show or hide this is pretty easy since C3D lets u select multiple coundaries at one time (watch the command line when you define a srf boundary).

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report