Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface From Grading..

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sean.keohane
180 Views, 1 Reply

Surface From Grading..

Hi,

I have the task of creating the model of a proposed containment bund built off an existing ground surface.

a) Calculate the bund volume

b) Then to calculate the containment volume.

My first model c/w cross sections (from alignments) went smoothly.

I was then asked to draw a 2nd model with a different footprint so i copied the first drawing to a new name, deleted the old bund and modelled the new one.

The grading went fine and looked fine but a surface created from it had spikes and holes all over the place.

After a few attempts at new grading/surfaces I moved the alignments (my cross sections from my first drawing) off the footprint area, and created a surface from the grading with no errors.

Why would the alignments interfere with the surface from grading procedure?  I don't understand why this would happen.

I'm using civil3d 2015

Regards

Sean

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Your feature line probably has some 0 elevations in it.  Click the feature line, right-click, then select Elevation Editor.  Make sure there are no 0 elevations or elevations that are noticeably extreme in difference.

Todd Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report