Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Elevation Labels

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
t_mckenzie
416 Views, 1 Reply

Surface Elevation Labels

I have a drawing that someone else created that has a spot elevation label for a surface. It labels the surface (PAD) then automatically subtracts a set distance for another elevation (GFE) and adds a set distance for another elevation (FFE). After doing some research, it looks like it was created with an expression?

I have two questions:

First, can someone direct me on where to go to get a better understadning of this? I'm not familiar with expressions.

Second, where can I find the expression in drawing to make an edit to the set distances. I can remove the GFE/FFE as they are separate components in the label style, but I don't see where to modify the distance it adds or subtracts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm still in '09, in case that makes a difference.

Thanks,

-Tucker McKenzie

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
neilyj666
in reply to: t_mckenzie

Not sure how useful this is as I'm not familiar with 2009 but for later versions you need to go to Toolspace > Settings > Surface > Label Styles > Spot Level > Expressions.

Right Click on Expressions, Create New, give it a name and hit the top row button second from right and this wil allow you to select various components (e.g. Top Concrete - itself an expression) and deduct 2.75 from it. You should see the PAD GFE and FFE listed

2013-06-26 12_54_35-AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 - [WTG Bases.dwg].jpg

and these can be edited by right clicking

2013-06-26 12_58_23-Toolspace.jpg

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report