Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Data on my Section Views Disappeared

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dankoss
1889 Views, 2 Replies

Surface Data on my Section Views Disappeared

I created some about 20 cross sections for a creek we topo'd and then went to work making the topo itself look presentable. After I was all done with that I noticed my cross sections had lost the surface data and were now just an empty grid.

When I go to edit a cross section's properties in the elevation tab the "Automatic" choice has a minimum and maximum elevation of 0. When I use one of those existing sample lines to create a single cross section the same thing happens, it's not picking up data from the surface. However, when I made a new sample line along the existing alignment it picked up the elevations and created a cross section just fine.

Is there anything I can do besides recreating all the sample lines and cross sections? I'm looking for any other way because I have already labled and put in some extra work on the cross sections and I'm hoping to be able to just recreate what I already did and drop them so it will match the linework I already did.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: dankoss

Pick one section view on the screen and then on the ribbon pick Sample More Sources.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
dankoss
in reply to: tcorey

That did the trick! Weird, because it already had my surface listed there, but I added it again and now it works. Thanks a ton!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report