AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (940 Views)

Surface Cross Section Report from Sample Lines

940 Views, 1 Replies
03-05-2011 02:09 PM

Hello,

Is anybody aware of a command, report, or program that would allow me to generate a report showing the following:

• Station of sample line
  • Offset and elevation at all breakpoints along the sampled tin surface

Basically just a report containing the same information that is plotted in a section view when sampling a surface.  Please note that the surface I am interested in is made up of numerous survey points that are not necessarily on station.  The surface is not generated from feature lines. 

Thanks,
Mark

Valued Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (859 Views)

Re: Surface Cross Section Report from Sample Lines

03-28-2011 12:31 PM in reply to: 907Trekker

I did figure this out (completely by chance).  If you are looking for this it is under Corridor -> Feature Line Reports -> Then you select the "Surfaces" radio button and it will give you the data you need.

I couldn't figure this out because in my case there was no Corridor, and I really felt this would be under something else.

I see that 80 people have looked at this post so hopefully this helps somebody!

Mark

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs