Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Analysis and transparency

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sfore
356 Views, 3 Replies

Surface Analysis and transparency

It appears color transparency for surface analysis is now broke in 2013.  It used to work in 2011 because I use to bring in Lidar data and run elevation analysis over top of aerial photos.  I did a few quick searchs and saw where other folks have mentioned it.  I never found any type of resolution.  Is Autodesk aware and are they working on this?

This issue reminds me of the Point Cloud issue with Lidar data right after 2013 came out.  It worked in 2011 just fine and then 2013 they broke it.  After calls to autodesk support and thread exchanges plus several months of waiting, service pack 2 for 2013 fixed the lidar classification issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: sfore

Not sure it was ever fixed in 2013; I'm on 2014 now and it works (I think; never tried since installing SP1....)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 4
ceethreedee.com
in reply to: neilyj666

****... I am on 2013 and its definately broken...

Need to move to 2014...!

Kapanther

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 4 of 4
autoMick
in reply to: ceethreedee.com

It was never fixed in 2013 (and AutoDesk made it clear to me that they weren't going to bother until 2014 when I raised a support request). The only real option was to duplicate your surface, then explode one of them. Transparency would work on the exploded version. OK if you're not constantly changing your surface analysis, etc. but a right pain in the ar$% if you are.

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report