Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superelevation functionality missing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kcimos
540 Views, 4 Replies

Superelevation functionality missing

anyone know why Superelevation functionality would be missing from drawing files started from my company template, but it is there in the OOTB template? I didn't create the template. The person that did is on vacation.

If I click on an alignment, the superelevation drop down does show up on the ribbon. If I enter the calceditsuperelevation command the window is rather empt, the wizard button is grayed out, & attempts to add a user defined curve fail.

Can anyone tell me what the templete creator might have deleted to ruin superelevation creation/editing?

It seems like all the AASHTO tables are listed under the design critera settings.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: kcimos

you don't mention what version you're using. Was the alignment created using Design Criteria, is it applied?

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 5
kcimos

2114 SP1

If I draw a 1 segment polyline & create an alignement from it, in the drawing from the OOTB templete, the superelevation functionality is available.

if I do the same in the drawing from the company templete, it is not.

In both cases, having apply desing critera checked or not checked makes no difference

Message 4 of 5
kcimos

2114 = 2014
Message 5 of 5
kcimos

OK, I found the problem:

the alignment type was set to "miscellaneous". If it is changed to "centerline" then the SE functionality is available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report