Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superelevation for a road with 1 lane

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bpoleuca
1098 Views, 4 Replies

Superelevation for a road with 1 lane

Hello,

I need some help because I don't find something similar.

I have to design a road with only one lane (3.5 m width) and 2 shoulders with (0.375 m each one).

For this kind of road I have to make the superelevation and the widening for a 25 km/h design speed.

I never made the superelevation function and this special road need this.

Please somebody explaine me a little how to do it.

Some explainance:

- I work in 2013 version.

- I don't know sure what kind of subassembly I have to use to represent only one lane and to have the alignments in the middle of the band.

- I believe in superelevation function I have to use Undivided Planr option.

Thanks for all your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: bpoleuca

My approach would be just because it's one lane doesn't mean that I have to use only 1 lane subassembly.  I'd still approach this like a traditional road, but make the right & left subassemblies half the width of the total.  

The superelevation is assigned to the corridor.  After you create the initial corridor, select it.  On the context sensitive ribbon, the Superelevation tool will be visible.  Once it's applied to the corridor, you can edit the superelevation parameters if you need to.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 5
bpoleuca
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Hello,

I made this allready.

I think I do something wrong because in straight alignment the slope is 0 (zero) and my default slope is 4%.

Message 4 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: bpoleuca

something like the attached?   Pay no attention to the actual labels, these are Imperial units and they are handled through the code set style, but the centerline is the alignment attachment point. You can make the widths, slopes and materials thickness whatever you like through the properties dialog.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 5
bpoleuca
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Hello,

The typical cross section is exactly like you draw and the result is what I attached.

I'm sure I do something wrong when I define the assembly.

Please look at my subassembly properties and tell me if you do something else.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report