Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superelevation Tabular Editor Query

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
onsionsi1
1296 Views, 5 Replies

Superelevation Tabular Editor Query

Hello There,

I would like to ask you about superelevation tabular editor, if i will change superelevation rate manually, is there any way to let station at the beginning of superelevation and end of superelevation also other relative stations to changing automatically due to changing in superelevation rate. Because till now i should change also relative stations manually

I will be appreciate for your advice.

Thank you.

Please do not forget approve as solutions and Points
to Remember Please Accept as Solution and Kudos Please
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gjrcmb
in reply to: onsionsi1

If I am understanding you correctly, you want to be able to change (or override) the calculated superelevation for a given horizontal curve, and have the superelevation transition stations recalculated and updated for that curve automatically based on that change.  From what I am finding there does not appear to be a way to do what you are asking.  

However, I am finding with C3D 2012 (not sure about other versions) that there is more flexibility and visual aids offered by creating a superelevation view (i.e. select your alignment then Alignment tab > Modify > Superelevation > Create Superelevation View).  Then on the superelevation view you can modify your superelevation manually, where you can select multiple grips by holding down your shift key to change what you want to change.  I find it useful to draw construction lines that correspond to the superelevation changes you want to make.  Then you select one or more superelevation grips and use the construction lines to change multiple superelevation transition points at the same time.  It does take some trial and error, but I think this is more intuitive than the Superelevation Tabular Editor.

Message 3 of 6
onsionsi1
in reply to: gjrcmb

Thank you for your reply and i'm appreciate for that.

I have another query, i would like to apply transition length formula Lt=we(nb)/q with superelevation applied from charts but not from formula because actually the e(max) give a big no. and the existing formula eRate="{v}^2/(2.82528*{r}) give less no. than the charts give.

So, do you have any idea how to apply this issue.

Another Thing you said that { I find it useful to draw construction lines that correspond to the superelevation changes you want to make.  Then you select one or more superelevation grips and use the construction lines to change multiple superelevation transition points at the same time} can clarify me this issue

I will be very appreciate for your help and advice.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
gjrcmb

As far as applying the formulas, I have not really looked into applying the formulas beyond what you and I were discussing in your other posting: Superelevation Transition Length Formula

Wow, you are really getting into some detail with your superelevation.

In regard to the construction lines, all I am saying is that you can use line work as guides on the Superelevation View to help you modify (or construct) the superelevation graphically.  The attached Super-1-2.png top image shows part of a Superelevation View (or Diagram).  The blue lines are line work (or what I am calling construction lines) that I created manually by snapping to the axis with the node snap and/or offsetting lines that correspond to key locations on this part of the unmodified superelevation diagram.  

When I select the diagram you can see horizontal and vertical triangular grips that you can use to change key station or superelevation rates by dragging the grips.  See Super-1-2.png bottom image.  You can select multiple grips by holding down the shift key, so that you can conceivably change more than one grip at a time.  So let us say that I want to change the superelevation rate represented by the upper white line on the right to the level represented by the Magenta line that I drew.  And that I also want to change the superelevation transition in the middle to correspond to the sloping Magenta line that I also drew.  

First of all I can turn off the display of the Lanes and Shoulders that I do not want to work with currently by right clicking with the diagram selected and choose Superelevation View Properties.  So in my instance I uncheck the Right Outside Lane and both Shoulders.  So next I select multiple vertical grips. See Super-3-4.png top image and three red grips I selected.  I can then drag those grips up and use an intersection snap to snap onto the intersection of my Magenta construction lines on the upper right that corresponds to the end of the transition.  Then I need to adjust the beginning of the transition by grabbing the horizontal grip to adjust the beginning station.  See one red grip in the Super-3-4.png bottom image.  Note that I also had to create an additional Magenta construction line to snap for the horizontal grip.

So I end up with the Super-5-6.png top image that shows the change I made.  However, you probably will need to change other superelevation lines as well, as you will notice when you turn back on the other Lane and Shoulders in the Superelevation View Properties referenced above.  See Super-5-6.png bottom image.

Hopefully that gives you the idea.  It does take some patience to figure it out, but I find it easier to work graphically instead of with the Superelevation Editor.  Not sure if that works for you or not.

Message 5 of 6
onsionsi1
in reply to: gjrcmb

I'm very thankfull and appreciate for your effort.

I got some experience from your clarification.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
gjrcmb

You are very welcome.  Good luck with things.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report