Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassemly Composer 2014, do I need "Cant" parameters (only in 2015 SAC)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bwatts14
200 Views, 1 Reply

Subassemly Composer 2014, do I need "Cant" parameters (only in 2015 SAC)

This has been a much needed post as I can not find a solution but knowing Autodesk the only solution is probaby to spend more moeny on a new release of the program.

ok, lets get to it.

So we are currently designing a passenger street car alignment which is completed. The problem iat hand is hat I to have my section views properly display (i.e. when the street car turns right the rail track will slope accoring to the calculation provided by the Cant table and visavera when turning left.) I feel my main problem is with the choices of subassemblies, theres only 1. and it can not be modified the way I need it to be. 1st off our track is embeeded into the concrete, which now I have to create a custom subassebly fora single track and a double gaurded track.

I can make the subassembly a pretty picture but it will not untilize the calculations provided by the Cant table, so heres the main question. 

a.) what VB expressions or codes do I used to make it slope according to the Cant calculation table (finding help on SAC that actually explains the program is slim to none in my book)?

or...

b.) do I need to create this assembly in 2015 subassembly composer because it has a "Cant parameter" tab.

this is extremely fustrating... Not only was it a pain to have to uninstall and reinstall the C3D software just to install a standalone program that IMO should have a seprate exe. file to be avilible, but on top of that the 2014 subassembly software has no was of being upgraded to provide this much needed tab/tool. The best part is that Autodesk offers this in 2015 C3D (same seniro to install which means AUTODESK IS NOT LISTENING TO USERS!!!) which no file created in in SAC2015 can be opened in SAC2014 forcing you to have to upgrade or perchase a completely new release (2015) so you have capabilies that are much needed... or simply being able to "save down" 2015 to a lower release such as 2014 to veuw and understand the coding that may achieve what i need.

why-o-why must this be so hard?! Why can't we get a update on 2014 SAC? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mathewkol
in reply to: bwatts14

You've pretty much answered your own questions. You know cant is supported only in SAC 2015. You know you can't downgrade a 2015 file to 2014. The only question is the VB code thing. I don't believe there is any VB code that works in SAC that will grab cant value.

I wish you good luck on getting an update for 2014, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report