Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly composer Superelevation ? ( Monkey needs help )

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
Aistis88
8796 Views, 28 Replies

Subassembly composer Superelevation ? ( Monkey needs help )

Hello , i write  hoping there was more ppl like me . I am working with SAC , and cant understand how that superelevation works, how to make my models work in CIvil 3d in superelevations... how to build it properly in SAC.  I would rly love to get .pkt file with working model as example  , or at least get some usefull tip .Thanks for your attention.. and  please SAVE ME from this misery

P.S. or i could upload my model and maybe u could tell where i do wrong turn

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
CADvisers
in reply to: Aistis88

Try using a subassebly out of the box to see how it works. It's somewhat automatic if you use one of the exsting "Lane ...Super...." subassemblies.

The biggest tip I can give is that the alignment that you're using has to have the super elevation data attached to it.

In case you're not sure what I mean...  Select the alignment, right-click, Edit Superelevation.

Once you have your Super defined in the alignment the subassembly will automatically read that information when you build the corridor.

Jonathan Stewart
CADvisers
P.O. Box 7811
Lancaster, PA 17604
Ph. 717-468-3111

Message 3 of 29
KMercier_C3D

If you post your SAC file I am sure there are a few of us who will be willing to take a look at it and point you in the right direction. You will need to change the file type from .pkt to .zip before uploading here.

Sadly I don't have any that I can publicly share to help you along. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 4 of 29
Aistis88
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Ok i am attaching one of the simplest models  😕 all i need is to make superelevation work ... i think after learning how to make my assembly with superelevation work i could start creating rly cool stuff. 

Message 5 of 29
KMercier_C3D

Just a quick look and it seems you are at least working correctly for the right hand side? You either need to create a different branch of the flowchart for the left and right sides. Or an easy fix is to add a variable (SlopeCalculated) at the start of your flowchart with the following equation: 

if((Side=Left)AND(SE.HasLeftLI), SE.LeftLI,
if((Side=Right)AND(SE.HasRightLI), SE.RightLI,
CType(-PaveGrade,Double)))

Then instead of -PaveGrade everywhere and checking for superelevation in the points, you will just use SlopeCalculated which already checks for the lane inside superelevation for either left or right and if not present it uses the default Slope from the Input Parameters. 

As another tip, instead of always referencing the variable if you know you have links that you want to be parallel, you can use L1.slope to match the slope of L1 and then no matter what you set the variable of L1's slope to be it will change in all of the parallel links. 

Hope that helps!

AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 6 of 29
Aistis88

Thank you for your help!  Hope one day i will be the one helping others too

Message 7 of 29
mourad.sennadj

need help

I have designed subassembly by composer it works nice in my pc but if I export (by import .pkt to catalogue and in palette) it don’t works, someone knows why?

Thanks for your help before.

Message 8 of 29

Hello mourad.sennadj,

What about it does not work in Civil 3D? Do you get an error message? Or are points and links not drawn? Please share images or files to help solve your problem.

Message 9 of 29

Error message it was:

CoupeType1 was created with Subassembly Composer, please visit Autodesk website
(http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334440&linkID=9240698)
to download the enabler extension.]  (Source: CoupeType1)

thanks.

Message 10 of 29

What version of Civil 3D/Subassembly Composer are you using? Does the computer you are using Civil 3D on have Subassembly Composer installed on it? If not you will need to install the Subassembly Composer Support Pack.

Message 11 of 29

also:

i try to installe at site indicated package but it not works with my version of composer but it the last one!.

Message 12 of 29

That is situation see those images.

composer message-1.PNGcomposer message-2.PNG

Message 13 of 29
Umit.Arslan

Hello Kati

I just started to use SAC and i have built one subassembly for one side..I wanted to apply superelevation for the other side with just mirroring it.Then i saw the equation you wrote;

if((Side=Left)AND(SE.HasLeftLI), SE.LeftLI,

if((Side=Right)AND(SE.HasRightLI), SE.RightLI,

CType(-PaveGrade,Double)))

I applied it but something went wrong as you see in the attached photo which i couldnt understand.Can you help me please? (sorry for my english)

Thanks

umit

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
Message 14 of 29
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: Umit.Arslan

Your "Side" Input Parameter, down at the lower right, should be set to Right or Left and not None.

Message 15 of 29
Umit.Arslan

Still something wrong as is seen in the attached photo..?

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
Message 16 of 29
Umit.Arslan

This is the pkt file..

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
Message 17 of 29
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: Umit.Arslan

PaveGrade in my formula should be changed to the input parameter that you use to define the default pavement grade, which appears to be GRADE. 

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous

I invite you to look at the implementation of the four components.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tKFrWtJKmo

Message 19 of 29
Umit.Arslan

Thanks Kati.Now that works great.
- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
Message 20 of 29
ccookusi

I am having trouble applying superlevation, as well as, having the ability to change the slope when not using superlevation.

Any chane you can post a .zip file of a simple subassembly that has superelvation?

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report