Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Problems!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
seoullah
1876 Views, 11 Replies

Subassembly Problems!

i'd try to create my own subassembly using three methods which is by creating subassembly from polyline, using generic palette from tool palettes and by using subassembly composer. But all these three, i still cant successfully created it.

I would like to ask which one is the best and easiest method to create subassembly.

I found myself it it easier to use subassembly composer and i'd imported it into civil 3D with no error. But then, when i try to create a corridor with that subassembly i've created, i got this error message..."One or more subassembly .Net classes could not be found. Check Event Viewer for more information. Continue?" When i click Yes, the error message still have and i cant use that subassembly yet.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mathewkol
in reply to: seoullah

You asked 2 questions; What is the best, What is the easiest. 2 very different asnwers. It all depends on the funtionality you want. SA from pline is easiest in many situations, but it's not flexible. So then youy choose some generic links, but they may have their own limitations for youe project. Then you pick the Composer, but that's the most complicated, but the most powerful.

I'm not sure what the problem could be with that error off the top of my head.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 12
seoullah
in reply to: mathewkol

To Matt Kolberg,

Thanks for the reply...i wish i can attach the file and you may see the error by yourself. Unfortunately i cant do so because it was restricted. I'd try all these three methods to create my SA, but it wont success at all by those three.

Message 4 of 12

A little more information is needed:

1. What version of Subassembly Composer are you using (There are 3 versions out there) and you need to make sure you are using the one on the Subscription Center.

2. What version of Civil 3D are you using?

3. Was the SAC on the same machine as you are trying to build the corridor on?

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12

To Peter Funk

answer for your qustions:

1. Autodesk Subassembly Composer 2012

2. AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Metric

3 Yes, it was on

Message 6 of 12

OK, three more questions:

1. Are you using the English version of Civil 3D or another one?

2. Are there four files in the Civil 3D 2011 directory that are named "Subassembly.------.dll"

3. What OS are you using?

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
Arash_K
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

I seem to have a similar problem; I just installed the sub assembly composer. but don't know how or from where I can launch the application and run the work flow. when I go to "all programs" and look inside my Autodesk , I cannot find any icon for the "subassmbly composer":

Clip_2.jpg

I am using a 64 bit win7, civil 3d 2011, english , and seem to have the following 4 files:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011\

Subassembly.ActivityLibrary.dll

Subassembly.API.dll

Subassembly.CivilRuntime.dll

Subassembly.WorkflowEngine.dll

Any hint would be appreciated.

Message 8 of 12
peterfunkautodesk
in reply to: Arash_K

On my install it is up one level from what you are showing. Those four files are for the sub assembly run time and aren't for the Composer.

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
cjkiefer02
in reply to: seoullah

I am having the same issue.  I installed the Subassembly Composer and cannot find the executable to run it.

Message 10 of 12

I am having same issue:

1. Autocad Civil 3D 2012

2. Imperial

3. Win 7

Worked in 2011 when I first created it but just now tried to bring into Tool Palette and got message:

[Subassembly.C_5x2_Channel].Net subassembly project, module, or class not found [C;\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Imported Tools\5'X2' CHANNEL\0fa1091414814b569595a1338fa36c73.dll!Subassembly.C_5X2_Channel] (Source: Roadway)

After clicking ok get the following twice:

[Subassembly.C_5x2_Channel].Net subassembly project, module, or class not found (Source: )

Message 11 of 12

Forgot to say zip file is actually pkt, just changed the letters.

Message 12 of 12

Problem solved:  IT had tried to install SubAssembly Composer Patch  (FOR MACHINES THAT ONLY NEED TO USE THE ASSEMBLY CREATED IN SUBASSEMBLY COMPOSER) on machine that already had SubAssembly Composer installed.  It would not install patch but went far enough to corrupt Civil 3D and it's ability to load the assemblies.  We did a complete unload of all autodesk products and reinstalled.  Do not know if you could just unload Civil 3D and reinstall and it would work.  IT felt that because all software tied to CIVIL 3D to do a complete install.  Works fine now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report