Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly - Parameters are numbers, not descriptions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ccl_cad_manager
345 Views, 5 Replies

Subassembly - Parameters are numbers, not descriptions

I've got one user on C3D 2014, when he pulls up a subassembly's parameters, he gets numbers instead of descriptions.

Is there a variable that I'm missing to change this?

Thanks,

MikeC

Civil 3D 2015, Win 7 64bit, 16 GB RAM, Dell M4600
''That's the way we've always done it'' is an excuse, not a reason.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

If the subassembly in question is an out of the box SA, make sure the user has the following file: "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu\C3DStockSubassemblies.dll" and that their language is set to English. (if it is there you may want to try overwriting with on from a machine you know it works on).

The out of the box subassemblies use reference numbers to look up parameter names and descriptions from this dll which will be different between languages.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 6

Mike,

Thanks for the idea, we gave it a shot.

We copied that dll from a computer that is working to the offending machine.  The user then opened the drawing, and no change.  
I opened the drawing on another 2014 machine, saw the numbers.  Swapped the subassembly out, saw words.  
Had the user start up a brand new drawing, created an assembly, saw numbers again.  Went to another users computer, started a new drawing, saw words.  

gonna toss this at Adesk's tech support people, as well.

MikeC

Message 4 of 6

The parameters text values are being read from the *RoadwayRes*.dll files in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\en-US folder.  Copy this folder from a working computer to the one that is causing problems.

This could also be a registry issue where the the paths are not set correctly for the language resource files.  You may want to look at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D000:409 key in the registry editor and compare the values against a working computer.   I think you will need to use the regedit32.exe program to see all of the keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the ideas David.

I did everything you asked, and still failed.
Ran a re-install from the Control Panel, failed

Wiped C3D completely from the machine, down to cleaning the registry, reinstalled.  Worked for a while, then failed this morning.

I'm thinking this is probably a work flow issue.  I'll do some more investigating and post back.

MikeC

Message 6 of 6

We figured it out, it was a workflow issue.  

User was modifying the Paramaters in the Subassembly Palette instead of modifying the Properties in the Properties pallet.  Basically overwriting the subassembly.  

Thanks for the help, that was a fun one.

MikeC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report