Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Connects to Wrong Point in Corridor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
HuskyGrad
530 Views, 3 Replies

Subassembly Connects to Wrong Point in Corridor

I've created a custom retaining wall subassembly in Subassembly Composer and have utilized it in a assembly within a corridor model. In layout mode the ditch subassembly connects to the desired point on the custom retaining wall assembly, however once the corridor is generated the ditch subassembly jumps to an incorrect point within the retaining wall assembly. I've attached some screenshots and the assembly for reference.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: HuskyGrad

My first question is, is there a reason for using the left/right side decision? Unless you are trying to use different codes on either side or different geometry (which it doesn't look like you are) you can just define the right and when it detects a left subassembly it will automatically mirror image. I'm wondering if that may be part of the reason for your subassembly flipping. The simpler the subassembly flowchart is the easier it will be to trouble shoot.

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 4
HuskyGrad
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Thanks. I did figure that was not needed after I posted this yesterday However, I'm still experiencing the same issue. I've attached the updated subassembly packet.

Message 4 of 4
HuskyGrad
in reply to: HuskyGrad

So as an attempt consolidate everything within one package. I left the decisions to whether the wall was cut or fill to expressions within each element of the subassembly. The attached updated assembly appears to now go to zero even in areas where a have a target top of wall profile and bottom of footing profile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report