Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer - set default width when using targets

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dean_petersen
1757 Views, 4 Replies

Subassembly Composer - set default width when using targets

Hi Folks,

I wonder if someone has solved this one already?

I can make a small subassembly that can vary it's deltaX and deltaY based on a 3d polyline (or alignment / profile) in  the drawing. However the subassembly does not get put in with default perameters outside of the areas where the targets exist.

I have been trying to come up with a decision tree to tell the subasembly to use default values where there are no targets to use, but I have not been able to find the correct syntax that works for those true/false decisions. My VB language knowledge is clearly lacking..... 

Has anyone done this already and would be willing to provide a small .pkt file to show how it is done?

Thanks.

Dean Petersen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
klugb
in reply to: dean_petersen

I'm not an expert (Kati M.??) but I think it's pretty easy.

Create a decision that uses the "isvalid" check.

I check to see my target parameter "Wall_Profile" is at that location  "Wall_Profile.isvalid"

If yes, then use it, if no then use default surface in my case.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 5
klugb

Ok, Ignore my first post. It's been a couple months since I used SAC.

I forgot that what you want is built in.

Look at the image. You need to define a target alignment and profile, then create your point using standard inputs (in my case ShoulderSlope and ShoulderWidth) then you also set the target overrides with the targets defined (in my case Target_Algn and Target_Prof). Your subassembly will use the targets when found and, if not, it will use the default inputs.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 4 of 5
dean_petersen
in reply to: klugb

SMEG. How could I have missed that!

Thank you Maestro.

Regards

Dean

Message 5 of 5
PBureau

I have a similar problem,. I have a subassembly that is Slope and Delta Y that I have an Offset target and an Elevation target.. When the corridor doesn't intersect a target the subassembly is take the preview value of the offset instead of the slope but it's the slope that I want Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report