Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer and Marked Point

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
WScottAllenPE
6305 Views, 1 Reply

Subassembly Composer and Marked Point

I am trying to build a custom subassembly that will draw a series of links to a marked point elsewhere in the assembly.  However, I cannot seem to get the subassembly to actually use the marked point.  I went as far as simplifying the custom assembly to three components, and I still can't get it to work.

Here's what I have for the simplified subassembly.  P1 POINT at the insertion.  P2 GET MARK POINT with a Mark Name of "Point X" and a delta X of 5, delta Y of 5.  L1 LINK from P1 to P2.

I add it to the assembly (where there is a marked point named "Point X").  When I rebuild, the new assembly is drawn in to (5,5), not to the marked point.  The build order does make the Point X first as well, so the order is fine.  It just will not find the marked point.

Any comments?  This is similar to the thread http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/SAC-Marked-Points/m-p/3188240#M161632, but the original post question was never really answered.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ebo134
in reply to: WScottAllenPE

Hi every one

Just enter the point name in Capital (Upper case) letters in the point name field of GetMarkPoint in SAC

ESOL Engineering Bureau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report