AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Message 1 of 6 (297 Views)
Accepted Solution

Subassembly Composer Target Surface

297 Views, 5 Replies
10-29-2013 01:34 PM

Hey Everyone,

It's my first time using SAC to make a SA. I've watched and followed along to some tutorials but I still can't seem to figure out my problem. 

I can import my SA fine, but the problem is that the top of it needs to be cut off 1 m above the existing ground (which is already a surface in civil 3d). How do I set up the target surface so that when I import the SA into my drawing, I can link it to that surface and have it cut off 1 m above the surface?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 6 (266 Views)

Re: Subassembly Composer Target Surface

10-30-2013 07:57 AM in reply to: MarcDandy

Hi Marc,

A quick solution would be to copy your surface, change datum of the copy to move it up 1m and then use that as the target for the daylight sub.

If I get time later today or tomorrow, I'll take a look in subassembly composer and see what it takes to make this happen without the workaround. If you care to post your packet, that would give me something to start with...

Tim

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Message 3 of 6 (260 Views)

10-30-2013 08:16 AM in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the reply. 

Here's my packet.

Employee
Message 4 of 6 (254 Views)

10-30-2013 08:35 AM in reply to: MarcDandy

The attached Sub Assembly works perfectly (provided you want the side wall to extend 1 above the EG.

After you add it to the assembly, you just need to set the target parameter for the EG surface in the corridor properties.

Good Job,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6 (248 Views)

10-30-2013 08:48 AM in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

That's my problem though...I'm not sure how to do that. When I bring it in, how do I set my target surface. I don't think my first question was all that clear. Sorry.

Employee
Message 6 of 6 (245 Views)

10-30-2013 08:51 AM in reply to: MarcDandy

After you make a corridor using an assembly that uses the Sub Assembly you set the target in the Corridor Properties dialog.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs