Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer - Stripping design

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
LeafRiders
827 Views, 2 Replies

Subassembly Composer - Stripping design

Thought I better just throw this one out there. Anyone attempted building a custom SA that represents a stripping condition. I am attempting to build one that has two stripping conditions one left and one right and each one will have a target at either end. I'm not exactly sure how to define the top and bottom links. The top should be equal to the existing surface and the bottom should be below that surface set of links by a specified depth.

Ideally for the sake of quantities I'd like this to be defined with a shape as well, unlike the current versions.

Any SAC gurus out there want to shine some light on how to approach this, it would be greatly appreciated. (Kati?) Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: LeafRiders

Take a look at the Surface Link element located under Advenced Geometry. You can define a start and end X as well as the surface that you want it to follow. For the bottom link you will do the same thing except specify a depth for it to be offset from the surface. Then define your vertical links at either end, add a shape, and ta-da! A stripping subassembly. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 3
fcernst
in reply to: LeafRiders

For stripping, thinking uneven surface, you may want to consider implementing a regression analysis in SAC along the EG surface instead of just Start and End.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report