Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly Composer 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
robpretus7735
8471 Views, 7 Replies

Subassembly Composer 2014

How do you install subassembly composer for 2014?  I can't seem to find it as a download.  I also restrted installation of Infrastructure Suite 2014 to see if I can add it and it was not an available choice.

A little rant: why is everything so hidden with this software?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

When I created my deployment, it was listed as an optional subcomponent from within the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 installation wizard.  It's still a separate program. 

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: robpretus7735

In IDSP 2014 when the splash screen appears with all the programs to install, Civil 3D has to be expanded to allow selection of the SAC

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: neilyj666

Hmm, I don't see ant option for SAC. I have the SSA, Express, geo... No SAC?

Do you really have it listed in 2014 IDSP? Do you have an admin image?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
troma
in reply to: jmayo-EE
Message 6 of 8
Chuck_L_AKS
in reply to: robpretus7735

I had the same problem.  You will need to re-install it from the flashdrive.  I have since included it in the network deployment.  However, I didn't see it when I initially installed the IDSP.  When you re-run the installation, answer all the questions as if you were doing an initial installation, then it will give you a list of all the application and they will be marked "installed".  Find Civil 3D and click the drop-down to expand Civil 3D and check the box. 

Yes, it is there, and yes, it is buried under several layers of...what can we call it, organization?

Chuck Litchfield
AKS Engineering and Forestry, LLC
C3D 2024
Message 7 of 8
gleonardTS
in reply to: Chuck_L_AKS

I am having a similar issue.  I need to add the Subassembly Composer to our 2014 deployment but the option is not listed when I try to modify our existing deployment:  Any ideas?

.Capture.JPG 

Message 8 of 8
kdersch
in reply to: gleonardTS

gleonardTS - What version of the Infrastructure Design Suite do you have? We have already installed the Premium version, however, we do not see the option to add the Subassembly Composer to it - the only way we have been able to install it is by installing the 2013 version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report