Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassebly composer, subbasembly doesn't show link code

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cristian_oc
1278 Views, 5 Replies

Subassebly composer, subbasembly doesn't show link code

Hi Guys, I need your help 🙂

I’m creating an assembly that makes an automatic berm when the cut height in not enough, so then I need a berm. The problem is for some reason I can’t get the link code for the assembly, do you guys know why is this happening?

Please see attached images to clarify my problem

Cheers

Cristian

Cristian O.C.
cristian_oc@hotmail.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cristian_oc
in reply to: cristian_oc

See more image to clarify my problem, one without the link code, and another from an assembly that Civil provides with the link code

Thanks

Cristian

Cristian O.C.
cristian_oc@hotmail.com
Message 3 of 6
fcernst
in reply to: cristian_oc

What do you mean "can't get"?

So, if you mean you want to see them as Input Parameters under Properties, then you have to code them as Input Parameters in SAC.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 6
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: fcernst

If you want the Civil 3D end user to be able to define the link code then you want to create a string variable input parameter and then use that input parameter variable, instead of "Daylight" as your link code for the link elements. How you currently have it coded with the "Daylight" in quotes only allows the link code to be edited inside of SAC. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 5 of 6
cristian_oc
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Hi Guys,

Apparently I made the wrong question, or I describe incorrectly my problem, I want to create surface from my corridor, and want to have the automatic boundaries from the corridor, for this I need the point code in order to add the correct boundary for each surface, and for the break lines I'm going to need the link codes, so someone know a good place to know more about how to set this codes in Subassembly Composer, the reason is because I can get none of them as an option to fill in the subassembly properties

Cheers

Cristian O.C.
cristian_oc@hotmail.com
Message 6 of 6
cristian_oc
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Hi Kati,

You were completely right, even when I can see labeled as a point code in the Subassembly properties if I fill my defined camp previously added as a point code, after that I can ask to my corridor to use this as an automatically boundary

Super Thanks Kati! 🙂

Attached the final product

Cheers

Cristian

Cristian O.C.
cristian_oc@hotmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report