Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Assembly Composer Expressions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jay.Meszar
2913 Views, 5 Replies

Sub Assembly Composer Expressions

Does anyone out there have a good site that would show how to write VB expressions for the Sub Assembly Composer??  I am new to writing expressions and need a little help.

Thanks,

Jay Meszar

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Jay,

There are some great examples in the help file, but if you need more let us know what you are trying to do and we'll see if we can help. I find that for the most part the expressions that I use are pretty simple... P1.X for example to find the x offset of a point.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6

can I in SC point  take over slope from other point?

point 2 slope = superelevation

point 4 intesection slope  point 2 and 3

point 2 slope 1:2

point 3 slope = superelevation

is there a record for point slope like as P1.x for x axis?

I hope I was clear

rename test.zip to test.pkt

Message 4 of 6
LeafRiders
in reply to: makile79

When I go to Label Style and expressions and go new Expressions, a separate dialogue box appears to create expressions. Is there a command or way to bring up this expressions builder?

The best reference material to SAC expressions I've found is at the tail end of Kati Mercier''s classroom handouts for her 2011 AU SAC session.

Message 5 of 6
david.zavislan
in reply to: makile79

You can get a slope value from a link.  Add a link or auxiliary link between the two points that define the slope.  Assume the link is L1 - the expression would be L1.slope.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 6 of 6

You can also get the slope between two point P1.SlopeTo("P2") without having to add the link

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report