Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style Importing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
taketheblack
1892 Views, 9 Replies

Style Importing

In Civil 3D 2013 I'm attempting to import styles from another drawing.  Whenever I select the Import button under Manage > Styles I get a warning box pop up that says "The drawing has unsaved modifications.  Please save the drawings and then perform the style import again".  

This occurs even after I hit save or reopen the drawing.  Is there a fix for this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sboon
in reply to: taketheblack

You have to start the import command immediately after the save operation.  No pan, zoom or anything else first.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 10
taketheblack
in reply to: sboon

I'm not panning or zooming, I'm hitting save and then going straight to the import button, or even hitting the import button straight from opening the drawing. 

Message 4 of 10
sboon

Search the forum - this error has been reported in the last few months.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 10
BrianHailey

Perhaps you have a lisp routine running that does something to your file immediately after an open or save. I know I used to have on that would modify the drawing when saved and that would probably prevent this command from running (I don't use it anymore thanks to unreconciled layers).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 10
jamesblyth

I had the same problem, is your default file save format set to other than Autocad 2010?

Mine was set to 2007 and I think that was the problem, it must run a script to make it compatible after saving which screws up the Import Settings tool.

Try changing that and see if it works.

James.

Message 7 of 10
tar0975

I am having the same issue as the original poster.  It is default saving to 2013 and I don't believe I have any lisp running in the background.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 8 of 10
c4az57b
in reply to: jamesblyth

This worked for me as my c3d was set to LT
Message 9 of 10
rl_jackson
in reply to: jamesblyth

@jamesblyth

You do relize that by doing a save down to a lower version does not make C3D objects compatible with other versions, those objects would still be based on your current version. Only 2013-2016 are compatible amongst each other, but then theres probably some things that still flake out. I haven't tried 16 yet.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
luisfblancov
in reply to: rl_jackson

Buenas tardes.

Actualmente estoy buscando un software CAD, que me ayude con sistemas de encofrados, apuntalamientos, andamios de cuerpo pesado y liviano, tanto para diseñar como para contabilizar todo lo diseñado, no se si el REVIT o cualquier otra version CAD me ayude, di con un programa rama de desarrollo autorizada por autodesk llamada MECCAD son unos italianos y tienen una propuesta interesante para esto, son autorizados por autodesk, pero bueno les escribo para que ofrece el Autocad Civil en este caso de diseño.

Saludos y Gracias

Luis F Blanco

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report