Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at Regenerating Layout ?!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
phareouh
4383 Views, 2 Replies

Stuck at Regenerating Layout ?!!

Hi there ,

i used to open file off like 6.5 mb size easly and i have a save as version of it and it open very fast and normal , 

yet nowi'm stuck for like 15 mins on 

"Regenerating Layout" 

in command line...

and it only happen with this file

also my RAM usage went beyound normal ?!

So  what to do ?

to avoid this problem with this file ?

Yeah Will Not that much :
Sony VPCCW26FA
Intel Core i5 M 520 @ 2.40GHz
8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512MB Dedicated
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: phareouh

It appears to be stuck on regenerating a layout.  Try copying this layout and deleting the old one.

Bill

Message 3 of 3
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: phareouh

You can also set your LAYOUTREGENCTL to 1 or 2. 

Specifies how the display list is updated in the Model tab and layout tabs.

For each tab, the display list is updated either by regenerating the drawing when you switch to that tab or by saving the display list to memory and regenerating only the modified objects when you switch to that tab. Changing the LAYOUTREGENCTL setting can improve performance.

0 The drawing is regenerated each time you switch tabs.

1 For the Model tab and the last layout made current, the display list is saved to memory and regenerations are suppressed when you switch between the two tabs. For all other layouts, regenerations still occur when you switch to those tabs.

2 The drawing is regenerated the first time you switch to each tab. For the remainder of the drawing session, the display list is saved to memory and regenerations are suppressed when you switch to those tabs.

The performance gain achieved by changing the LAYOUTREGENCTL setting is dependent on several factors, including the drawing size and type, the objects contained in the drawing, the amount of available memory, and the effect of other open drawings or applications. When LAYOUTREGENCTL is set to 1 or 2, the amount of additional memory used is the size of the Model tab's display list multiplied by the number of viewports in each layout for which the display list is saved.

If LAYOUTREGENCTL is set to 1 or 2 and performance seems slow in general or when you switch between tabs for which the display list is saved, consider changing to a setting of 0 or 1 to find the optimal balance for your work environment. For additional information about performance settings, see System tab (in the Options dialog box).

Regardless of the LAYOUTREGENCTL setting, if you redefine a block or undo a tab switch, the drawing is regenerated the first time you switch to any tab that contains saved viewports.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report