Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling w/customizing XSL settings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chetz
297 Views, 5 Replies

Struggling w/customizing XSL settings

Using Autodesk LandXML reporting. I export a parcel using LandXML. Open it in the reporting program.
I select a metes and bounds form.
I change the settings for various things.
For example I change the Direction under Legal Description to type: North deg min sec East and the precision to 0.00
When I select the output tab, none of my settings are being utilized. ??
Seems straightforward enough, but no settings seem to be "seen" by the program.

-AWC
O'Dell Engineering
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: chetz

I think that report uses the Parcel settings, not the Legal Description settings, but I can't remember for certain...

When I tried using that report the first time, I discovered it doesn't work if you use US Survey Feet as your units, so I hacked it to work the way we want. I also fixed it to display bearings the way we want. I was initially having a hard time tracking where everything was happening, so I kind of bypassed all the real settings, and instead hard-coded them into the code. I later figured out how it's really supposed to work, but the hard-coded stuff works for us, so I just left it that way. We usually want to run our reports straight out of C3D anyway, rather than start up the LandXML Reporting utility, and Autodesk does not allow the user to change those settings from within C3D - they can only be changed from LandXML Reporting, or by hand-editing the XML file that contains them.
Sinc
Message 3 of 6
chetz

I think I follow you.
Would you be willing to send me your hacked file so I can look at it, learn from it, reverse engineer it (ha!).
I did load the XSL file into an editor, but that only helps so much. You can change the language in those reports, but as far as display of data, that comes from somewhere else.
I'll go try it out of C3D 2007 and see if its any better.
please write me back. I really want (need) to crack this and I think I am close.
Message 4 of 6
Sinc

Sure. This has come up before, so I'll attach the files here.

Just keep in mind what I said, and that this is not the "correct" way to fix these files, it just got them producing something closer to what we wanted.

If you have a program that will compare two text files and show you the differences, you can use it to compare these files with the Autodesk ones to find the changes I made.
Sinc
Message 5 of 6
Sinc

Speaking of these reports...

We just ran one that returned a bearing of N21°40'60"W... How quaint. 🙂

And of course, the reports don't work if you have C3D 2008 with SP1 installed and try to use Firefox as your default browser.
Sinc
Message 6 of 6
chetz

I give up.
I can't figure out why the output does not follow the settings I change.
I shouldn't have to hack an xsl file to get this to work.
The LandXML reporting program is very simple and straightforward.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report