Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure symbols (randomly) don't show in plan view.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Breshaki
874 Views, 8 Replies

Structure symbols (randomly) don't show in plan view.

Hi yall,

I am having problems displaying all the structure symbols in plan view. I have tried it a couple of times and some of the structure symbols (like a ring for a manhole etc) sometimes simply dont show, the weird part is that only some of the structure symbols dont  show. Like for exampel if i draw a pipenetwork; manhole1 - pipe- manhole2 - pipe - manhole3, then manhole 2 symbol dosent show in top view, when i look at it in 3D it is there but in 2D view there is nothing, not even a point. Anyone with similar problems? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TCARCAMO78
in reply to: Breshaki

Hmm something definitely strange there. When you run an audit how many errors do you get? Has any changes been made in part builder? Have you check to verify that you pipes catalog is point to the correct folders? Is you hardware acceleratiion feature turned off? Delete the pipe network then run -PURGE then R for regapps. Delete all regapps. 

Tony 

CAD Manager

www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
Message 3 of 9
jmayo-EE

You should also confirm a few basic thins like the object layer and structure style.

I have seen issues like this when the part cannot find the catalog as Tony mentioned. Sometimes the only thing I can do AFTER SetNetworkCatalog is pointing to the correct part catalog, is select these parts by right clicking on them in Prospector, delete and replace them.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
Breshaki
in reply to: TCARCAMO78

Thanks for the reply,

I get no errors. I dont think there is anything wrong with the catalogs since other structures (of the same type) in the same network and mabe only a few meters apart display the symbol correctly, but some just dont show. I turned on the hardware acc. but the problem remains unfortunately. I have purged the drawing but the problem remains, obviously i can´t delete my networks since i have put alot of work in them, nontheless the problem remains when i try a new drawing and my colleagues also are expiriencing the same problem. Strange.

Message 5 of 9
Breshaki
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hi,

I did try to delete the structure and then place the same type of structure on the same place but  the problem remained. Then i tried to place another structure on the same place and it displayed the symbol correctly, does this this mean that the problem has to do with the structure style and/or rules? I have been using Civil only for a couple of weeks so i dont really know.

Message 6 of 9
TCARCAMO78

I would check the structure style to see what layers are assigned. Also go into your Part List Editor and remove an Rules, maybe set it to none if you have that rule set. Try this. Open C3D, type RECOVERALL on the command line and browse and select your drawing. It will run thru and fix any errors in your drawing. Or you can open a clean drawing and trying laying out a simple pipe network with the same structure parts with no reference alignements or surface. If you the part still does not displays in plan view then you either have a corrupted pipes catalog folder or your template that C3D is using is corrupted.

Tony

CAD Manager

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
Message 7 of 9
jmayo-EE

It is not going to be easy for us to help you without the file and catalog and/or part.

I would also look at the network in a 3d view and see if the connection to the part giving you issues is possible. You should note that a pipe will not connect properly to a the cone portion of a manhole. Are these large diameter pipes? Are the shallow enough to be connecting to the MH cone? Is the diameter to large when compared to the structure width? I have not seen the behavior you do when these connection issues arise but I would examine the connection and structure geometry as well just to rule part incompatibility.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Breshaki
in reply to: TCARCAMO78

Tony,

I tried the Recoverall but there apparantly no errors. Then i did as you told me and drew a new pipenetwork without a surface and alignments and there were no problems, everything was displayed correctly.  Then i tried it with only a surface and then again only with an alignment and they both were ok (seperately). But it is when i draw a pipenetwork and choose a surface and an alignment that this problem appears. I should add that i choose a structures label style that marks them with a circle and a number.

Message 9 of 9
Breshaki

OK i tried a couple of things and here is my conclusion, the error must be in the structure label style (when creatin a pipenetwork) I have tried it with and without this option selected and it seems to cause the problem. I would guess that the label causes the structure symbol to disapear for some reason, maybe it has to do with some kind of display priority or something. Anyone who knows anything about this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report