Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure sizing?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
deltacoolguy
708 Views, 3 Replies

Structure sizing?

My company uses a single block for every storm inlet structure.  It is the same size regardless the actual size.  I want actual size structures, but am having issues getting there.

I have the blocks for each size, drawn at actual size, but the options under the plan tab in the Structure Style dialog box are cryptic to me.  The size options are...

- Use drawing scale
- Use fixed scale
- Use size in absolute units
- Use size as percentage of screen
- Use fixed scale from part size

Why there is no "Use actual block size" option is beyond me.  How can I get the structure to appear actual size in both horizontal directions?

From what I gather from reading past threads regarding this issue, there used to be an 'actual size' option, but it has since been taken away.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Citadel2012
in reply to: deltacoolguy

I believe that if you use "Use fixed Scale" and set all parameters to 1, the block should appear scaled (1,1,1).

in reply to: Citadel2012

@Citadel2012 wrote:

I believe that if you use "Use fixed Scale" and set all parameters to 1, the block should appear scaled (1,1,1).

Ok, now I am embarrassed.  I had tried that, because it made sense and everything pointed to that as the obvious answer, and it wasn't working, but I went back and double-checked and... my block was off in one direction.   Grrr!

Anyway, your answer is correct.  It was my brain fart thwarting me this time.  Thank you.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: deltacoolguy

Setting the fixed scale to 1,1,1 make the block display the size it was drawn. If you want one block to represent several sizes set the style to display "Fixed Scale from part size"

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report