Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure masking in Dref'ed Network

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Jeff_M
397 Views, 10 Replies

Structure masking in Dref'ed Network

Has anyone found a solution to the problem of Structures not masking the pipes in plan when the Network is a Dref? In the source drawing, all structures mask the pipes just as they should. But in every one of my production drawings the pipes all show inside the structure symbol and the plan checker is having a field day with this. Won't even take the plans in until we get rid of the lines within the symbols.

7-8-2014 11-54-57 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wfberry
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff:

Too many to use a wipeout?

Hi 

Bill

Message 3 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: wfberry

That's what I'm doing now, Bill. But having to go back and add the wipeout, save the Block, then reinsert the block into the 24 sheets is a PITA. It'd just be nice if it worked like it should....which sometimes it appears to do, but then the next time the drawing is plotted it doesn't.
EESignature
Message 4 of 11
wfberry

I realize it is a chore, but when reading your question my first and only thought was -> if you don't know who do?

Bill

BTW, next time you have the problem with this Dude, I still have Luigi's phone number somewhere.

Message 5 of 11
jmayo-EE

R u using 2015? I can't reproduce the issue in 13 or 14.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: jmayo-EE

This occurs in 2010-2015 for me, John.
EESignature
Message 7 of 11
jmayo-EE

...scratching head...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
jmayo-EE

Send a file my way if you want. I have never had this issue w/ drfe'd stc's.

Remember no longer at Conklin...

jfmayo     at   vannoteharvey   dot com

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Jeff_M

Thanks, John, project much too big to send. What I have found though, after rethinking what I posted earlier about it being this way in multiple versions, is that I'm still using a DWT from 2010 that I have just migrated for use with each release. So I created a new manhole style and applied it to 2 of the 8 structures displayed in this one drawing. I saved, closed reopened, and ALL of the manholes displayed correctly. I thne realized that I had left the drawing in modelspace through a PS viewport, but my sheets are most always kept in paperspace. So I chnaged to PS, saved, closed, reopened, and BAM, the structures with the original style were all displaying the pipes, whereas the 2 I had changed to use the new style are displaying with the pipes masked.

I will now edit 2 drawings to use this new style and see how they perform the next few days. Hopefully this will be the solution, although I don't look forward to going through my templates to edit all of structure styles and the change the command & parts list settings to use them.

EESignature
Message 10 of 11
jmayo-EE

Some good thinking there. 😉

I have been recreating templates for most releases. New file, importstyles and settings, assign object layers.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
Jeff_M

Bah, good idea but only worked a handful of times before going back to the same "let's show the pipes in a structure even when it's masked, but only when the drawing is opened in Paperspace". 

Going through and updating the blocks to include wipeouts now. Someday I may actually figure this out, or it may just start working with a SP or new release.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report