Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure insertion to pipe question

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
randcdavidson
367 Views, 7 Replies

Structure insertion to pipe question

I have this block called gate valve. The base point is at the middle of the block. When I use this block as a style and insert it in profile it always places itself down low on the pipe. As you can see the grip is way above the top of the block and I have to move it into place anytime I use one. If I change the pipe inverts the gate valve block style lowers itself once again and I have to move it up into place. I have changed the base of the block but it makes no difference.

This is how the structure look in the object viewer. Notice the one on the right is the block that needs to be raised, however in the viewer it shows placed correctly.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: randcdavidson

Does this happen in each profile view or just this one? It seems like it could just be a display issue in profile view, but maybe something else is at play here.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 8

Happens in every drawing I use it in. I have tried to change the base point of the block but still have this issue. If I adjust an invert of any pipe the symbol will place itself halfway down on the pipe in the profile view. I have to grip move it back into place.

Message 4 of 8
SethHall

Judging from your screen shot it appears that you have the block displayed multiple times, is this just happening to certain structures or is the other block different from the one with the issue?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 8

Happens in all structures where it is used and all new drawings.

I need (would like) for it to come in placed in the middle of the pipe and anytime I adjusted the pipe elevations it would move with it

Message 6 of 8
SethHall

I tested this with just a simple block assigned to the style and the grip appeared in the center of the block (structure). Does this happen with all blocks or just this one?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 7 of 8

Just this one. I have included a quick easy plan and profile if you can figure it out.

Message 8 of 8
SethHall

I took a look at your block, and to be honest with you, everything about it looks fine. Not sure what could be going on here. By chance have you tried to recreate the block? Does the same thing happen?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report