Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure and pipe labels appearing smaller in viewport?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ltmullen
2762 Views, 6 Replies

Structure and pipe labels appearing smaller in viewport?

I have a pipe network in one file, and then I'm referencing that file into another file. In the model space of the file referencing the pipe network file, the structure and pipe labels look the same size as they appear in the pipe network file, but in viewports, everything looks a lot smaller, and I don't want it to be that way. I know it's probably something kinda simple but I'm not really getting how this works.

Any help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: ltmullen

Make sure if you want the labels to appear the same size that the MS scale in base.dwg matches the VP scale.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
ltmullen
in reply to: Jay_B

What do you mean by "the MS scale"? Do you mean the annotation scale?

Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

Yes that's correct.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 7
ltmullen

Why is that necessary? I want the labels to appear at a larger size according to the larger annotation scale. Other annotative xref text at a different annotative scale than the viewport scale displays properly...why not the structure and pipe labels?

Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

@ltmullen wrote:

I want the labels to appear at a larger size according to the larger annotation scale. Other annotative xref text at a different annotative scale than the viewport scale displays properly...why not the structure and pipe labels?

This blog might help explain the differences between AutoCad annotation scaling vs. Annotive behavior as it relates to C3D styles.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 7
ltmullen

Oh yeah, I realize now that I once before had what I think is the same basic problem, but with alignment station labels and not in an xref. Pretty annoying--guess changing the label style is the only solution. Thanks for the info though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report