Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Rim and Invert Elevation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3899 Views, 3 Replies

Structure Rim and Invert Elevation

I know this question has been asked before, but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.  Basically what I'm trying to do is set both the structure rim elevation and the invert elevation for an As-Built plan, but there are some structures that are adjusting the rim elevation automatically even after I change it in the properties dialog box.  (These are structures where the invert is shallow, but that is how it was built so I should be able to show this in C3D.)  I've taken the automatic ajustment to surface off.  I suspect it is somewhere in the settings, but can't find the solution.  Is there a structure that comes with the program that will allow me make these changes or am I gonna have to build my own.  Or even better, does someone have one they would share.  I've run into this several times over the last few years, but never tired too hard to resolve.  Any suggestions/solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccoles
in reply to: Anonymous

The way structures are built in Parts Builder, some have a minimum depth. If you try to set the rim elevation such that the rim-to-sump depth is less than this, the program will set the rim elevation to the part minimum. To fix this, I've used the structures with no frame, which has a lower minimum depth than the structures with frames.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 4
baw51473
in reply to: ccoles

You can also right click and select the "Structure Properties" look under "Insertion Rim Behavior" the elevation will be grayed out, but you can adjust the surface up or down with the "Surface adjustment value". If it wont adjust down be sure to use a negative value (-.02 etc). The same can be done for "Sump Behavior".

Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

use a "No Frame" structure. or you can go to PB and adjust the barrel clearance to a smaller number

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report