Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Not Showing in profile and have tried all I can think of

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
nathan07
11225 Views, 15 Replies

Structure Not Showing in profile and have tried all I can think of

2013 version. The structures used to show in the profile for my storm system and now they don't. I've checked all I can think of. Layers are on and not frozen, profile says it should be showing the structure and there are no overrides. Styles show the correct things. I've regened, closed and opened the drawing, and unchecked the boxes for the structures I want shown in the profile, and then reapplied them. Pipes look like they are touching, then I add the structures and they move apart like the structure is there, but it's just blank space. I've also tried clicking the structures in the plan view and using add parts to profile and still nothing. The space is there where the structure outline should be but there is no structure. I've tried clicking in the space to see if the structure is there but just not outlined and still get nothing.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jmayo-EE
in reply to: nathan07

I would try deleting the part and replacing it with a new one.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
Jay_B

@nathan07 wrote:

profile says it should be showing the structure and there are no overrides. Styles show the correct things. I've regened, closed and opened the drawing, and unchecked the boxes for the structures I want shown in the profile, and then reapplied them.

On the Display tab of the structure style are you switching the "View Direction" to Profile when verifying visibility?

If you apply an alternate style will a structure display?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 16
nathan07
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes I am making sure it is switched to Profile in the display tab. And no,
different styles aren't showing either.
Message 5 of 16
Jay_B

Is _AeccSetNetworkCatalog set to the proper folder within your environment and is the "Structure catalog" set to the one you'd typically use? Caption shown is for 2012 but default path is same but 2013.

pn cat.PNG 

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 16
nathan07
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes that is all correct
Message 7 of 16
KirkNoonan

How about the real basic issues? Are the structure top and bottom elevations within the elevation range of the profile view? Does the style preview properly in the dialog box preview? Are you using the display as a solid option? Try switching it to boundary. Did you audit the file?
Message 8 of 16
nathan07
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Everything you've listed checks out. I ended up taking the time and deleting
and re-adding the structures. Luckily I didn't have to input all the inverts
again because civil 3d had them already in and correct when I re-added a
structure. They now show up in the profile.
Message 9 of 16
KirkNoonan

That's not cool. I remember the disappearing structures being a common problem in the 2007 version, but I haven't seen it since. I hope that they stay this time. 

Message 10 of 16
kchudzinski

Just want to add,  I had the same problem today when I came across this post looking for answer.

Make sure your alignment runs to the center of your structure.

This was the error in my case, I had my alignement ending 1ft inside a 96" structure and spent most the morning trying to figure out why the connected 96" structure wasn't showing up in my profile.  Extended my alignment and viola, my structure appeared in my profile.

Message 11 of 16
Joe-Bouza

What is the insert elevation of the structures?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 12 of 16
ulrik.wittenkamp

I also had problems with structures not shown in profile views. I had to swap part to another structure and then back again. The structure then appears in the profile view. I am using Civil 3D 2016.

Message 13 of 16
gsbalajadia

I have encountered the same problem. This is what solved the issue. Make sure that the surface reference is also in the working file if the pipe network is data referenced.

Message 14 of 16
wwickward
in reply to: kchudzinski

In my case, the alignment is not the issue.  The two structures with a problem of showing up are at 5+00 and 8+00 nowhere close to the end of the alignment.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Message 15 of 16

I have switched to different structures, tried all the structures I could find as far as catch basins and still a no show.
Message 16 of 16
dan.oS2RRJ
in reply to: kchudzinski

This trick saved me this morning, as i was only off by .01' if that, and moving the alignment solved the issue.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report