Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Label with Connected Pipe Data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
653 Views, 3 Replies

Structure Label with Connected Pipe Data

Okay, I've been racking my brain and spinning my wheels searching for this and I'm finally just going to ask... isn't there a way to reference the connected pipe invert and direction information in the structure label style? I could have sworn I've seen it before, but for the life of me can't figure out how to do it now that I need to. The only thing I can find is "connected pipes", which gives me the number of pipes attached to the structure (which is no help BTW).

Any help or direction would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Stephanie
C3D 2007 SP3
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mikeevans
in reply to: Anonymous

If you click on the new text button pulldown and select text for each, select the structure in-flow pipes then change the text to connected pipe IL, repeat again but use structure out flow.

INV IN:<[Connected Pipe Invert Level(Um|P2|RN|AP|Sn|OF)]>
INV OUT:<[Connected Pipe Invert Level(Um|P3|RN|AP|Sn|OF)]>
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Mike. After a push in the right direction from Mr. Wedding, I found the option you referred to probably right around the same time you posted.

All is well in my structure label land now... THANKS!
Message 4 of 4
mmccall

The 'flow direction' property of the text for each component can return 'IN' and 'OUT' text for you. The 'pipe direction' will return the direction of the connected pipe. (N, S, E, W, NE, SE, SW, & NW)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report