Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stripping Pavement Subassembly applied to only Fill Situations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MikeSeymour5104
3233 Views, 4 Replies

Stripping Pavement Subassembly applied to only Fill Situations

Hi guys I am trying to apply the stripping pavement subassembly to only fill situation and even though my attachment point is only the fill case it applies it to both as shown. I am trying to get this information to provide a stripping volume for fill cases only.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Mike,

I was playing around with this subassembly and I think using the conditional subassemblies might help in this situation.

1. What I ended up doing is at the end of what I assume is a generic LinkWidthAndSlope subassembly (The purple line off the shoulder in your attachments), I attached fill and cut conditional subassemblies.

2. Then at the end of the LinkWidthAnd Slope I used the generic LinkslopeToSurface.

3. On the end of the Fill LinkSlopeToSurface I then attached the StrippingPavement Subassembly.

Once I set all the surface targets in my corridor the StrippingPavement only showed in fill situations.

I have attached a screenshot of my assembly. Please let me know if this has helped.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 5

Hi Jason,

I followed those intructions and I didnt get the result I was lookign for. I m not 100% of the setting for conditional sub assemblies but I used common sense setting the cut side to cut only etc. Attached are the results I had. The cut sub assembly seemed to work cut the fill didn't even hit its target. I also made sure at target surface were correct in the corridor parameters. If i could maybe get a snap shot of the properties used for your sub assemblies and what the end result looks like it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5

Mike,

Here are some screen shots of my assembly properties for the right side. I just mirrored them to obtain the left. I have also attached one of my sections that has the left side showing a cut situation and the right showing a small fill situation. Please let me know if the section I provided is what you would expect to see.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 5 of 5
sboon
in reply to: MikeSeymour5104

I can see a potential problem with this solution.  Doing it this way means that you're likely going to end up with disconnected pieces of stripping scattered along the length of the corridor.  These disconnected pieces cannot be used to build a surface and there will be no way to calcuate quantites for these sections.  You would be better off to apply the Stripping sub in all cases, but use a near zero depth for the regions where you don't intend to actually strip.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report