AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (183 Views)

Stringer connect rounding settings

183 Views, 3 Replies
09-26-2012 02:16 PM

Hello,

I have used stringer connect in the past and it seemed that my traverse shots (which went to four decimal places 0.0000) that were in my raw file were converted to a fbk file and it held the decimal places.  Now when I use it, the program rounds my shots to three decimal places (0.000) which changes the locations just slightly.  I don't think I changed any settings deliberately.  How can I get my four decimal places back?

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 4 (162 Views)

Re: Stringer connect rounding settings

10-02-2012 08:30 AM in reply to: sparkyfeets

Check your precision settings in the Survey database.

On the Survey tab of Toolspace, right click the Survey database, select Edit Survey Database Settings.

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Distinguished Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (157 Views)

10-02-2012 09:07 AM in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the response.  I'm actually looking for the rounding settings for the Stringer Connect program.  I realize my question is a little out of place, this being a Civil 3D discussion group.  But I can't seem to find an answer anywhere and I know some people who frequent this discussion group also use Stringer Connect.  So I thought I'd give it a shot.

Thanks!

Distinguished Mentor
Message 4 of 4 (143 Views)

10-03-2012 05:45 AM in reply to: sparkyfeets

Which version are you using?

I'm not sure if there is a program or part there of to set the decimal places in stringer connect.

There is a file called numeric.dat which stores the settings used by stringer connect located either here

C:\ProgramData\CADApps\Stringer 2011

or

C:\ProgramData\CSS\Stringer 2012

or

C:\ProgramData\CSS\Stringer 2013

Open the file numeric.dat in notepad and change the number on the first line from 3 to 4. This is the number that controls the decimal places.

If this fixed your issue, click on "Accept as Solution"

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 2600 @ 3.40 GHz with 16GB Ram
Civil 3d 2013 64bit

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs