Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretching blips without inheriting levels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scotthiggins
198 Views, 2 Replies

Stretching blips without inheriting levels

I have a civil3d model and now have an amended layout which I need to update to.

xref'd layout is 2d so I want to snap blips on my feature lines from the original location to new location while maintaining their z value.

I know you can turn off and on the ability to pick z values but can't remember the command (lost notes).

I have tried changing the osnapz option with now luck.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It's a little cumbersome, but you could use .XY point filters when snapping to the 2D object.  AutoCAD will then prompt you for the Z value, which you would select from the original 3D object.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: scotthiggins

You can use the point filters like the previous poster suggested, which is probably what I would do, but another option is to drawing a polyline (pline command,) snapping to the feature line first and the xref second.

This will create a 2d polyline whose vertices will all have the same elevation as the first point you picked, the point along the feature line, without regard to the elevations of any other points. You can then place your "Blips" at the polyline vertices.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report