Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange label behavior on layout (paperspace-model)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tonnot
383 Views, 4 Replies

Strange label behavior on layout (paperspace-model)

Let's see if can explain this.....

I want to have custom viewers, apart from Modelspace.

Ok, a trick can be having layouts configured to view specific data. I can have one in which I only view surfaces, other with only alignments and some auxiliar layers. etc. 

I use a A0, make a zoom to "hide" the borders of  viweport and then activating modelspace. 

The result is something like a modelspace.

Ok, I have a erratic behavior of the label's size. Changing from tab to tab, zooming, return to modelspace, selecting a layout tab again, zooming, etc, and you will see how the labels are changing its size without any reason.....

Here is the "video" I have taken: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Bb-gCOOHY&feature=youtu.be

And you have the file.... (change from doc to rar .,,,,,,, adesk does not let compressed files...)

If you select all objects and explode it ( to convert c3d to pure acad entities). labels are now simple blocks and the behavior is now fine...

Can you test this? It is the same with you.

Thanks

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: tonnot

C3D labels are suppose to change size with the viewport scale. This is expected and desired behaivor.

First, are all viewports locked?

Second, have you used REGEN to refresh the display when swithing between viewports?

Third, All viewports can be assigned a Standard Scale and an Annotation scale via the properties dialog (typically these should be the same). Are the assigned viewport scales what you expect on each viewport?

Fourth, are your label styles set up to display text height as a fraction of the viewport scale? Common text heights in a label style will be in a range close to this for typical engineering plans 0.20 (large), 0.10 (medium), 0.70 (small). Also note that Civil 3D label styles should not have annotative text styles assigned to them. All C3D labels should have NON-Annotative text styles as the AutoCAD Annotative features are not compatible with C3D's labeleing features..

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I saw the youtube video. I will not open a word document posted on this NG.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
tonnot
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks J. 

The doc is really a rar (rename it an decompress it)

As you can see, I have modelspace activated in my layouts  (I want they works as a "modelspace").

About your advises... I'm going to review them. (however, I can tell you nothing until monday.... )

Thanks 

Message 5 of 5
tonnot
in reply to: tonnot

Hello J. 

I have a last question ... Why a modelspace on layout has not a full "trully"  model space behaviour ? 

As you said, texts have screen relative height, but only on layout's modelspaces. 

I suppose that I cant have multiple modelspaces as I want ....

Thankls

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report