Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange gray scale bar appears in prints

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
2403 Views, 13 Replies

Strange gray scale bar appears in prints

I'm not sure how to describe my issue or where to go to find answers so I thought I'd try this and see if anyone has had anything similar happen. I'm attaching a .pdf to show the problem as well, areas are clouded.

We have multiple computers, working on multiple projects, printing to multiple printers. We are seeing a small gray scale bar showing up randomly on our prints. It's not in the drawing, it doesn't even look like a drawing object. It shows up in random locations, no rhyme or reason. It's not on every sheet, it may show up one time and not the next, very inconsistent. At first I thought it was the printer, now it even does it if you print to pdf using the "DWG to PDF". I've tried to Google the problem but I'm not even sure what to to type in the search bar. If anyone has any ideas, I'm certainly open to hearing them! Thank you!

-J

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

If you print drawing A.dwg consecutive times, will it appear in the same location over and over, or never repeat in same place?

Have you tried window selection in general area in both Model and Layout?

Can you post a drawing that will print these?

You can strip out most of drawing before posting as long as the "scales" will plot.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 14
mathewkol

That could be the navbar thing.  Try turning off the navbar. NAVBARDISPLAY set to 0.  Print again and see.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Holy cow, it was the Nav Bar thing! I can't thank you enough! I've never heard of that before but it sure is nice to get an answer to such a vague problem! You are greatly appreciated!

Message 5 of 14
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy cow, it was the Nav Bar thing!

I've seen this too.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Plot-problem-in-Civil-3D-2014/td-p/3922519

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 14
islandson

This has been driving us batty for over a year!

Civil 2014
Windows 7 64 Bit
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: islandson

Turn off NAVBARDISPLAY, set it to 0. No idea how this gets turned on.
Definitely drove me crazy trying to find out where it was coming from!

Jennifer L Nolen

Drafting Dept. Supervisor

Mickle Wagner Coleman Inc
3434 Country Club Ave
Fort Smith AR
479 649 8484
479 649 8486 Fax

jnolen@mwc-engr.com
Message 8 of 14
karengray2783
in reply to: mathewkol

I've turned off the NavBar and still having this issue.  How is this possible?  Is the NavBar a drawing setting or system setting?  I haven't gone to each drawing and I'm publishing sheet sets, so maybe I need to open each drawing to resolve this?  

Message 9 of 14
rkmcswain
in reply to: karengray2783

NAVBARDISPLAY is saved in the registry/profile so it shouldn't change back on it's own, unless there is a startup file turning it back on or something....

Also, what version of what product are you using? I recall seeing something in one of the service packs that is supposed to address this without having to even turn off the navbar.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: mathewkol

I typed that command in and it shows up as an unknown command. Any other way I can fix this? My logo looks fine on PDF but when it prints, it has a gray thick line through it.

Message 11 of 14
Jay_B

Which version are you using?

If you enter NAVBARDISPLAY  at the command line, it should return the following:

Command: NAVBARDISPLAY
Enter new value for NAVBARDISPLAY <0>:

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 12 of 14
jkuh
in reply to: Jay_B

Unfortunately, I get "Unknown Command" when I enter NAVBARDISPLAY.  I'm using AutoCAD for Mac 2016.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm pretty sure this is the issue I'm having but I can't solve it without that command!

Message 13 of 14
user181
in reply to: jkuh

I don't have the MAC version but have you tried NAVBAR at command line and turn it off?

EESignature

Message 14 of 14
jkuh
in reply to: user181

unfortunately NAVBAR is also an unknown command...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report