Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange feature line naming

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
losfotos
902 Views, 8 Replies

Strange feature line naming

All of a sudden I have feature lines getting named with names like "aecc00080000ffff0000ccaeccae0000Teilflungsgeschwindigkeit_V" This is happening to grading objects, feature lines... Another engineer has been having this happen in his drawings and now it's happening to mine. Doesn't make any sense to me. I have never seen anything like this before, I have never bothered naming feature lines because I control them with layers and styles.

Is anyone else having issues like this?

Carl Simpson
C3D 2015 & 2016
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: losfotos

It's a known issue that has been harmless to date for me.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Strange-SITE-name/td-p/4916230/highlight/fals...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
losfotos
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Really odd...
Carl Simpson
C3D 2015 & 2016
Message 4 of 9
rkmcswain

In addition to the forum threads here, I created a post today to help get the word out and maybe find others who are having this issue.

I'll be happy to keep that article updated with any new information anyone can pass on my way.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 9
lbayless

I am having this same issue - and though it has not created any problems as of yet - It's somewhat disconcerting to have every feature line with this long name. I'd prefer to know what's happened to my drawing.  Has anyone found out why it's happening and what to do to resolve it?

Message 6 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: lbayless

2015 SP1 fixes it.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 9
cldehart

Does reinstalling C3D fix the issue... i started getting it after an install of Infraworks

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cldehart

This was fixed by Autodesk and was corrected for Civil 3D version 2014 per their Service Pack 2. It has not occurred for me in Civil 3D version 2015

Thanks,

JAMES N. BENNETT
Engineering/Survey Technician
[cid:image001.png@01CFEB7A.C2FFDF80]
Waterfront Corporate Park III
2000 Georgetowne Drive, Suite 101
Sewickley, PA 15143
Ph: (724) 444 - 1100 Fax: (724) 444 - 1104
www.pvesheffler.com

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
* Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.

This message and any files transmitted with it are strictly confidential and intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system. You may not copy, distribute, disclose its contents to anyone, or take any action in reliance on the contents of this message and any attachments. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, incomplete or may contain viruses. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. While PVE Sheffler makes every reasonable effort to insure the integrity of its electronic communications, PVE Sheffler cannot accept liability for any inadvertent disclosure, errors or omissions in the contents of this message, or damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
Message 9 of 9
rl_jackson
in reply to: Anonymous

ADesk Left us 2013 users in the cold 🙂

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report