Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange SITE name

83 REPLIES 83
Message 1 of 84
rkmcswain
2647 Views, 83 Replies

Strange SITE name

Anyone ever seen a mystery site like this?

This alignment and the others in this drawing were created on <None> site.

C3D 2013 SP2

sitename.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
83 REPLIES 83
Message 41 of 84
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: rl_jackson

Yeah, this is becoming a huge issue now, as almost all of our current drawings are corrupted by this... The inability to modify anything with an anchor point now is horrendous...

Apparently Autodesk is working on a C3D 14 and C3D 15 fix, but has not included 13 in it...

Message 42 of 84
rkmcswain
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

Sindarin wrote:
Apparently Autodesk is working on a C3D 14 and C3D 15 fix....

Just curious, where did you get that info? Thanks.

Message 43 of 84
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: rkmcswain

Autodesk Support... Maybe I was not supposed to say anything...

Message 44 of 84
rl_jackson

If that true it's just a downright travesty for ADESK to not show any support for a supported software. There's just far to many issue in 14 & 15 that's don work correctly or at all for them not to include '13 in the mix on this fix. Really shows their customers were they stand.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 45 of 84
rkmcswain

Autodesk rarely, if ever, discloses dates or contents of SP or hotfixes in advance. That is why I asked.
Message 46 of 84
Kyle-Evans

Yes, I hear you on that one... We got a possibly soon... HAHA

Message 47 of 84
Jay_B

Looks like this issue may have been resolved in 2014 with SP2 based on the readme?

Primary Issues Resolved by This Service Pack

"An issue has been resolved where unexpected characters and text was added to objects in a drawing and within any drawings that were opened during the AutoCAD Civil 3D session."

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 48 of 84
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jay_B

Hopefully, the forthcoming SP1 for C3D 2015 will include this too. Thanks!
Message 49 of 84
jmayo-EE

I hope the same.

I am really counting on this SP to get us off 13.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 50 of 84
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: jmayo-EE

So it does indeed fix the problem in 2014, and subsequently in 2015 when a 2014 file is opened with 2015.

It does not however fix it if you open the newly saved 2014 file in 2013... which is what I was hoping for...

Message 51 of 84
rkmcswain

To clarify, all you had to do was open the drawing in 2014 SP2, then save it, and the DWG is fixed?

What does it replace all of the "aecc00ffxxxrc9785q76512ae99cc4##vollfdas" with? Thanks!
Message 52 of 84
Kyle-Evans

Yeah, I applied SP2, opened the affected drawing in 2014, tried to save it back to 2013 version. It fixes the problem when you open the files with 2014/2015, but it DOES NOT fix it in 2013.

As for the gobbley de g o o k (not sure why this is blocked???), it puts it back to being blank, and fixes the **error** back to Anchor Point or whatever it was before...

Message 53 of 84
MehwashAbbas-WPM
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like this issue may have been resolved in 2014 with SP2 based on the readme?

Primary Issues Resolved by This Service Pack

"An issue has been resolved where unexpected characters and text was added to objects in a drawing and within any drawings that were opened during the AutoCAD Civil 3D session."

That sounds like part of the problem is fixed, but what about the issue described in message 40 of this thread?

Message 54 of 84
tcorey

@Sindarin wrote:

As for the gobbley de g o o k (not sure why this is blocked???),

That's a racial slur from the WWII and Korean War eras.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 55 of 84
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: tcorey

After a day of testing and playing around trying to strip the infection out of the files, I am fairly certain that autodesk did not fix the problem, mainly providing us a bandaid for it.

No matter what I try, when I save files in 2014 (the problem appears to be fixed) but it still shows up everywhere in 2013, although with a different string of characters now.

Sometimes I open the files in 2013 and it appears clean, sometimes the infection is there. The exact same file, also opening the file different ways (File -> Open, Double Click, Drag and Drop on top task bar) all yeild different and varrying results.

Message 56 of 84
jmayo-EE

The fix is applied to the app not the files because of this I am still thinking this is a bug in the app. I think this may be verified since it is not working in 2013. I would not expect an SP3 for 2013 based on previous history.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 57 of 84
Kyle-Evans

If enough of us harass them, they might, just might release a hotfix for this for 2013, that is about the only way I can see of it happening. I for one, DO NOT want to open up our thousands upon thousands of infected drawings in 2014 and save them in a hopes that it clears the infection out.

Message 58 of 84
Jay_B

@jmayo wrote:

I would not expect an SP3 for 2013 based on previous history.

You never know, 2012 has had 5 SP's Smiley Wink

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 59 of 84
dasaintsta
in reply to: stacy.dunn

@stacy.dunn wrote:

Yes.  We have seen the text pop up in sites, feature lines, label styles.  There are also instances where some styles show *error* for their anchor point instead of feature.

It seems to act like a virus since we are seeing it more and more across our firm.  We also sent drawings to Autodesk and they confirmed that they are seeing it in their drawings as well.  It doesn't seem to be hurting anything yet.

Oddly enough, the wording looks German.  If you put it into google you get "vollfüllung geschwindigkeits" which translates to "full-speed filling".

Stacy

Our files have seen Vollfüllungsleistung (one word); Google Translating gives "full-filling power," which feels a lot like a literal translate of "full-flow velocity" or "momentum," but the translations of 'leistung' include 'peformance,' 'output', or 'capacity.'  I know this doesn't help the question of how things got screwed up, but maybe it indicates WHAT got screwed up.

German pipe properties, perhaps?  

Message 60 of 84
wesquinn
in reply to: dasaintsta

I am seeing the error message when I copy over a Description Key set from an "infected" file. Does it have something to do with the process that the layers are created? Since the description Key Set is bringing in it's own layers, I am wondering if there is an unassigned layer property that is not being addressed in the copy.........

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report