Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Network References

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lmoran
451 Views, 5 Replies

Storm Network References

When I reference my storm network into other plans, the parts do not come in as the original styles.  For example, my flared end sections display as manholes.  How do I make the parts come in as the styles I want them to be?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gccdaemon
in reply to: lmoran

You'll have to bring in the styles into the new drawing. Easiest way to do this is have both drawings open and tiled so you can drag and drop the styles from the source file to the destination file from the settings tab in the toolspace. once you've done that, reimport the items into the destination file. I'm not sure if you'll have to set the styles on the object again or not, but that will get you a little closer. Robot wink

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 3 of 6
lmoran
in reply to: gccdaemon

I have a template set up, so I already have all the styles.  I just want to avoid having to tell every single one of my flared end sections to look like flared end sections, instead of manholes, each time I reference them into a new drawing.

Message 4 of 6
JessicaPalmer

You may not need to create a data reference.  You can use an Xref, get the exact same look as the original drawing and still add pipe network labels.

Also you need to check your default settings.  From the toolspace go to Settings tab, Pipe Network, Commands, Create Network Reference, establish settings that are most similar to your pipe network.

Jessica Palmer
Message 5 of 6
lmoran
in reply to: JessicaPalmer

Xrefing is not really an option for me, as I have labels, surfaces, etc. in the drawing as well as the pipe network.

Message 6 of 6
klugb

Are you sure that the Pipe "Parts list" has not been modified? They have to match exactly. We have had issues with one user adding structures but then when someone else data shortcut's the network it get assigned a different part, which of course means a different style assigned.

Bruce.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report