AutoCAD Civil 3D General

mneumann_AT_Monroe
Message 1 of 6 (245 Views)

Station ticks display in plot preview but do not plot

245 Views, 5 Replies
11-29-2012 02:13 PM

Strange issue and we cannot seem to figure out the answer.

I have a stationing line.  I've used the block PTTICL to make ticks.  The ticks display perfectly.  I'll run through a plot preview and the ticks show on the plot preview.  I push plot go to the printer and the ticks are not plotted.

I've checked the layer.  They are on a layer that should print.

I've checked the block.  The block is created on a layer that should print.

I've run through a number of options regarding the alignment label properties and found "display" to be equal to "true."

Everything else plots just fine. Only the station label ticks refuse to plot.  My project is fairly short so the work around was to put a poly line right on top of the tick mark.  But any ideas anyone?

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013.

*Pro
dgordon
Message 2 of 6 (233 Views)

Re: Station ticks display in plot preview but do not plot

11-30-2012 08:03 AM in reply to: mneumann_AT_Monroe

post your tick block and see if someone else can get it to plot in their alignment label style?

post a drawing that has your style and tick block in it only and see if anyone can try to plot it and see if it works for them.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 3 of 6 (227 Views)

11-30-2012 01:05 PM in reply to: mneumann_AT_Monroe

Have you checked that the block plots when it is not part of a label style?

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

mneumann_AT_Monroe
Message 4 of 6 (223 Views)

11-30-2012 01:35 PM in reply to: troma

Interesting, I inserted the block into the drawing to see what would happen.  It didn't plot with the same behavior.  I opened the block with the block editor again to take another look at this block.  The block was a hatch object that was scaled down to the size of a vertical line.  That is all the block was.  So I draw a PLINE right over the top of it, RE the drawing and try plotting again.  The tick marks showed up.

Why was the block a hatch the size of a line?  I have no idea.  It's the block that came with the software.  I'm guessing something about it being an impossibly narrow hatch caused the problem.  So I effectively made a new block and that solved the problem.

Weird.

Thanks for the help!

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 5 of 6 (221 Views)

11-30-2012 01:40 PM in reply to: mneumann_AT_Monroe

Weird, I concur.  Are you sure it came with the program OOTB?  Or did it come from a legacy company template?

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

mneumann_AT_Monroe
Message 6 of 6 (217 Views)

11-30-2012 02:20 PM in reply to: troma

I will be honest, I'm not sure where the block came from.

The City only recently obtained Civil 3D this year, upgrading from Land Desktop, CAD and LT.  I was the LT user.  So as far as I know all the templates are OOTB unless it is something that one of us did specifically.  None of us can fathom why a tick line would be a hatch.  We figured it was some trick the Autodesk programmers did or the block came from one of the City's consultants who provided a *.dwg file.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs