Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Offset to Points Report

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bsmiller
1860 Views, 4 Replies

Station Offset to Points Report

One of our standard work flows for any one of our projects is creating a station offset report. In the past, we have used SincPac's 3rd party software to accomplish this. I am of the mind set to utilize all the features we can in Civil 3D, before stepping outside the AutoDesk ring, so to speak, simply because there is less maintenance of software products, and if Civil 3D can accomplish and deliver the results we require, then I say use what's already built in to the software. With that said, I have played around with the Civil 3D reports for months, and we are very close to getting what we need out of these tools, however, there is one sticking point I haven't been able to figure out. In the Station Offset to Points Report, the Description field always duplicates the value; (example: "(HYDRANT),HYDRANT"). I believe what the report programming is doing is "pushing" the Raw Description and the Full Description together into the same field. Probably the Raw Descr. into the parentheses and the Full Descr. next to it after the comma. This will in essence "cut off" the description we need probably due to a limited character space designated for this field. This is unacceptable. We need the whole description value to appear in this field. See attached. I understand that these reports can be customized in .NET, which I have quite a bit of experience in using VBA and .NET in other aspects of my job, but I haven't found out where to make this customization. Can your anyone provide any help?
Brian S. Miller
Computer/CADD/Records Mgr.
Lucas Co. Engineers
Civil 3D 2013
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.zavislan
in reply to: bsmiller

The program is placing the raw description in the parentheses, followed by the full description.  That format is built into the C3DRport.dll program.  Autodesk provides the VB .NET source code for that program.  If you know a little VB programming, and have Microsoft Visual Studio, this formatting can be modified in the ReportForm_PointsStaOffset.AppendReport subroutine.

The source files are located in the ...Data\Reports\Net\Source folder. On my computer, this is in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\ folder..

Attached (if the forum will allow) is a version of the program that lets you select either the raw or full description for the report.  Extract and save to the ...Data\Reports\Net\ folder.  Make a back up copy of the original C3DReports.dll first. 

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
bsmiller
in reply to: david.zavislan

David,

That worked. I am having one of our tech's testing it out further, but it clearly worked for me. Unfortunately, I do not have Visual Studio. Otherwise, I could probably dig deeper if what you provided doesn't do what we hoped it would. I'll just wait to see what the technician says. Thanks so much for the solution though.

Brian S. Miller

Computer/CADD/Records Mgr.

Message 4 of 5

Is there an updated report for 2017 or 2018 for adding alignment stations to a point report? 

Message 5 of 5
TerryDotson
in reply to: jensdragonfly

If you were to consider third party software, DotSoft's C3DTools can place (and maintain) station offset values as UDP (meaning it's easy to display on points, tables, etc) or it can simply report the station/offset and other values in it's easy to use Point Report tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report